November 16, 2009

Getting To Know: Colton Orr

The Hockey News presents, Getting To Know: Colton Orr



Childhood Heroes/Inspirations: "Brendan Shanahan was one. Eric Lindros. Those are probably the guys I watched growing up. It was a pleasure to get to play with Shanahan in New York."

Nicknames: "Bobby, Orrsey, Moose."

Hobbies/Leisure Activities: "I like golf. Draw. I like to draw animals – tigers, lions, stuff like that. A little hobby of mine."

Favorite Movies: "The Program. Gladiator. All those medieval times movies are great. Braveheart."

Favorite TV Shows: "Simpsons and Family Guy."

Musical Tastes: "I'm all over the place, Top 40. (Some names?) Well, back in Winnipeg, The Harlots. R&B, rock and classic rock."

First Hockey Memory: "I didn't start until age 11. I remember always hitting guys because I couldn't stop so I'd either use the guys or the boards to turn around."

First Job: "I was a bricklayer, laborer (age 14-15)."

First Car: "1989 Cavalier Z24, blue."

Favorite Meal: "Pasta, mushrooms and chicken."

Favorite Breakfast: "Frosted Flakes is the favorite."

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: "Strawberry."

Pre-game Feeling: "Calm, just relaxed. Go into things that I'm going to do out there. Not too much. Just kind of keep it quiet. Keep to myself."

Greatest Sports Moment: "Playing in the NHL. Playing with some great players like Shanahan, (Brian) Leetch, (Jaromir) Jagr, so many. It's just been a dream come true since I've been here."

Most Painful Moment: "(Laughs)...being eye-gouged."

Favorite Uniforms: "Any of the Original Six. I like the old ones that didn't change it up."

Closest Hockey Friends: "Brad Boyes."

Funniest Players Encountered: "Darius Kasparaitis is the funniest. He's a character that guy."

Toughest Competitors: "There's a lot. (Donald) Brashear – he's strong. And (Georges) Laraque. Some of those guys."

Embarrassing Hockey Moment: "Going to the wrong penalty box. It was in junior. I got traded from a team – I was playing for Regina. We went back to Kamloops, the team I used to play for. After a penalty I went to their box – Kamloops' box – where I used to play."

Favorite Vacation Spot: "Hawaii."

Personality Qualities Most Admired: "Honesty."

No comments:

Post a Comment