November 17, 2009

Brendan Shanahan retires from NHL


“I would like to thank my family and all of the friends who have helped me achieve and maintain my childhood dream of playing in the National Hockey League”, said Shanahan in a released statement. “I am enormously grateful to all of my coaches and teammates I've had the privilege of learning from and playing along side of, throughout my career. While I always dreamed of playing in the NHL, I can't honestly say that I would have ever imagined that I'd be this fortunate and blessed. I would like to sincerely thank everyone who has helped me fulfill this dream.”


He is the only player in NHL history to amass more than 2,000 penalty minutes and 600 goals and leads all NHL players with 17 “Gordie Howe” hat tricks.

He was a true warrior, one of the last of a dying breed.

No comments:

Post a Comment